.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

The Secret of Ella and Micha Chapter 7

EllaDeans got his music blasting upstair at encomp piece of assing volume and its rattling the ceiling. I start recessing up the dribble in the kitchen, avoiding the confrontation of seeing him again. Propping the trash can against my hip, I whiff my arm along the look to, pushing a line of bottles into it.I rupture knocked come in(p) the bag and tie the string shut, h dodderinging it far onward from me. God, that stinks.Still plunking up after pop, I see. Dean enters the kitchen. Hes garbed in slacks and a unvoicedlyton have shirt, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His dark brown haircloth is press short and it shows off the bell ringer on the top of his forehead, whither I strokingly hit him during a freak accident while we were playing baseball with a tent pole and a basketball. Nothing adjustments around here, even when you leave for a year. He opens the electric refrigerator and steals a beer. Although, you do look different. Did you finally clean up your meet?Do you really c ar if I did? I drag the scraps bag toward the masking door. I infer you made it perfectly benefit the last time you were here that you dont give a shit what happens to me.He pops the cap off the bottle. Are you still on that?You told me I killed our m another(prenominal), I say quietly. How could I be oer that?He sips his beer and shrugs. I opinion you left so you could move on with your life.I summon a deep breath. I didnt move on. I bailed just identical you did.I ran away for the same reason you ran away because staying here means relations with the past and our pasts be the kind that need to be locked away and neer revi beated.You mean dealing with moms death. And the fact that it was my fault shes dead. Or that Im responsible for her death.He peels at the beer bottle label. Why do you unendingly have to be so blunt about everything? It makes people uncomfortable.Im changing adventure into my old ways and I need to collect myself. Opening the rear door, I toss the garbage bag onto the blanket steps. Do you want to go perk up some dinner or something? We could go out to alpine where no one really knows us.He shakes his head, gulps tidy sum the rest of the beer, and wherefore tosses the empty bottle into the trash. The only reason I came derriere here was to get the rest of my stuff. so Im out. I got stuff to go affirm to thats more important than family drama and alcoholic fathers.He leaves me in the kitchen and a few seconds later, the music is turned up louder. Its an upbeat rhythm and it drives me groundless, so I crank on the kitchen radio, blasting Shameful Metaphors by Chevelle.I start sweeping up the kitchen, blocking out my brothers rowing. He always a exchangeable(p)d to nitpick me apart, which was fine, only at the funeral, he crossed a line we can never diminish back from.The back door swings open and the wind rushes in as my dad stumbles into the kitchen. His shoes be untied, his jeans are torn, a nd his red shirt is stained with dirt and grease. His croak is confined with an old rag thats soaked in blood.Dropping the broom to the floor, I rush to him. Oh my God, are you okay?He flinches from me and nods his head, staggering to the sink. Just cut myself on the job. No biggie.I turn trim down the music. Dad, you werent drinking at work, were you?He turns the faucet on and his head slumps everywhere. The guys and I had a bitstock of shots during lunch break, but Im not drunk. He removes the rag and sticks his hand under(a) the water, permitting out a relieved sigh as the water mixes with his blood. Is your brother root? I thought I saw his railway car in the driveway.I grab a paper towel and clean up the blood he got on the counter and on the floor. Hes upstairs packing up some stuff or something.He dabs his hand with a paper towel, wincing. Well, thats right-hand(a) I guess.I lean all over to examine his hand. Do I need to take you to the doctor? That looks like it might need stitches?Ill be fine. He grabs a bottle of vodka, takes a swig, and then douses his hand with it.Dad, what are you doing? I reach for the first avail kit above the sink. Use the rubbing alcohol from the first help kit.Breathing by means of clenched teeth, he wraps up his hand with a paper towel. See, good as impudent.It can still get infected. I take out the kit and set it on the counter. You should really let me take you to a doctor.He stares at me for a moment with his eyeball dependable of agony. God, you look so overmuch like her, its just crazy He drags his feet as he walks out the doorway and into the living room. Seconds later, I hear the television click on and the air fills with smoke.Suppressed feelings advance as I put the first aid kit back into the cupboard. Cranking up the music, I drowning out my pain and busy myself with the dishes. My earphone vibrates in my pocket and I wipe my hands off on a towel before checking my messages. Theres the voicemai l from Micha from yesterday that I still havent listened to and a new text message from him.The text message seems like the less monstrous of the two. My hand trembles as I read it over and over again, then finally respond. I toss the phone on the counter and focus on cleaning because its simple. And simple is just what I want.MichaI barge into Ellas house. Something bad happened, probably because of her douche bag brother. Ella is scrubbing down the counters with the same amount of energy as a drummer. Her hair is pulled up, but pieces hang loose in her face. She has the music on, so she doesnt hear me cum in. I walk up behind her, wanting to touch her, but instead I turn the music down.She drops the paper towel she is dimension and reels around. You scared the hell out of me. She presses her hand to her chest. I didnt hear you come in.Thats kind of obvious. I search her green eyes, crammed with misery.She fidgets with a stack of plates and carries them over to the cupboard befo re backtracking to the sink. Shes wound up over something and too much energy is in her. Her mom was like that a lot of times. and Ellas not her mother, whether she realizes it or not.I collect the plates from her hand and set them in the sink. Do you want to notify me whats got you all worked up?Tapping her fingers on the sides of her legs, she shakes her head. I should have never sent you that text. I dont know why I did it.She starts to turn away from me, but I catch the bottom of her shirt. Ella May, banish talking to me like were business associates. I know you better than anyone and I know when somethings bothering you.I said I was fine. Her voice is tight as she forces back the tears. The girl never lets herself cry, even when her mom died.No, youre not, I pencil lead her by the shoulders toward me. And you need to let it out.She stares at the floor. I cant.I crumple my finger under her chin and raise her head up, looking into her eyes. Yes, you can. Its putting to death you inside.Her shoulders quiver and she lets her head fall against my chest. I rub her back and tell her it will be okay. Its not much, but its enough for the moment.Finally she pulls back and her face is unreadable. Wheres Lila?I left her with Ethan at the shop. I sit down on the kitchen table thats stacked with unopened bills. Shes supposed to come back here when her cars fixed.She wishs out the window, lost in her thoughts. She could just go home after Ethans done. She doesnt need to come back here.Where does she live?In California.Then she probably shouldnt leave to darkness. I glance out the window at the sun setting behind the shallow hills. Its late and shes going to be driving by herself, right?Ella nods, spaced out as she twists her hair around her finger. And I worry about her making the drive by herself. I mean she practically freaked out when we ran into Grantford at the restrooms over by the lake.My fingers grip the edge of the table. You ran into Grantford?She lowers her hand from her hair and lets it fall to her side. Yeah, but it wasnt a big deal. He just acted like himself and you know how that is.I leave office the table from my death grip, trying to clear the anger out of my head. No matter what Ella says, Grantford never should have left her on the bridge that night when she was that out of it.I stretch my legs out in front of me and change the direction of the conversation. How did you end up becoming friends with Lila?She bites down on her lip, contemplating. We were roommates. She shrugs, permit her lip pop out from her teeth and it drives me crazy because all I want to do is bite down on it myself. She was really dainty and different from all my friends here and I wanted a change.I hop off the table and move in front of her. turn is good, but completely shutting down is a whole other story, Ella, have you Did you ever talk to anyone about what happened with your mom?Her shoulders stiffen and she turns for the doorway, preparing to leave. Thats no(prenominal) of your business.I block her path. Yes it is. Ive known you forever, so I get full rights to whats inside your head.Her eyes narrow and she puts her hands on her hips. Get out of my way, Micha Scott.What is it with you using my last name? I say. Before, when youd get mad at me, youd just call me a douche bag.I dont use those words anymore, she says flatly. Im nicer than that.Really? I accuse. Because you sure seem pissed off at me all the time.Im trying not to be, she fumes. But youre making it very hard for me.Alright, you need a time out. Ive had enough of your stubborn crap. I pick her up by the waist and throw her over my shoulder.She lets out a startled gasp, and pounds her fists onto my back. Dammit Micha, put me downIgnoring her, I walk out the back door and down the empty driveway. I think about grabbing her ass just because I can, but Im afraid she might bite me although, that doesnt unplumbed bad.Micha, she complains furiously. Put me downMy m om steps out of the house as I carry her toward the garage. Shes embellished in a black dress a little too short for her age. Her highlighted hair is fluffed up like a poodle and her makeup is caked on. She must have a date.She shekels on the top step and tilts her head to the side to get a better look. Ella, is that you?Ella stops fussing and lifts up her head to look at my mom. Hi, overleap Scott. How are you?Hi, honey, Im doing good but is thither a reason Michas carrying you like that? she questions. Are you hurt?Ella shakes her head. No, Im fine. Micha just thinks hes funny.Which means she secretly likes what Im doing, but wont throw it.Actually, Im taking her for a ride, I say slyly, inching my hand up the back of Ellas leg, and she slaps the back of my head playfully. Im taking you for a ride in my car. And you think Im the pervert?My mom sighs, shaking her head, and opens her purse. Well, its nice to see you two together again. She takes out her car keys and her heels c lick as she trots down the steps. Micha sure has preoccupied you while you were gone.Bye mom, I wave her off, heading for the garage again, as my mom climbs into her Cadillac parked in the street near the curb.Is she going on a date? Ella asks curiously.Shes been going on a lot of dates lately. I swing open the car door and set her down in the passenger seat.She tries to climb out. Im not going anywhere tonight Micha.I gently push her back into the seat. Im not going to let you sit around in your room and sulk while your brothers around. Lets go out and have some fun.She pauses, crossing her arms over her chest and her boobs more or less pop out of her top. But I need to be there when Lila comes back. I cant just let her come back to Dean and my dad passed out on the couch.Ill take care of it. I rip my gaze from her tits, take out my cell phone, and text Ethan.Me Taking Ella up to The bum Road. Wanna get Lila and meet us up there?Ella slumps back into the seat. What are you up to ?I hold up my finger. Just a sec.Ethan Yeah, sounds cool.Me Is Lila up for it? And make sure u ask her. Dont just assume.Ethan She said shes good but is Ella ok with going up there?Me Well c when we get up there.Ethan Dude, shes gonna kick ur ass.Me C U there.I stuff my phone into the back pocket of my jeans and close her door before climbing into the drivers seat.Where are you taking me? she asks, trying to appear annoyed but her inquisitiveness seeps through her eyes.Its a surprise. Once the garage door is open, I peel down the driveway. And Lila and Ethan are going to meet us there.A surprise, huh? she mulls it over. Im not a fan of surprises.My lips spread to a grin. Youre such a liar.She stays slow and I know Ive won this one, which is rare, but Ill take it. With a alert crank of the steering wheel, I align the car onto the road and crook the tires off into the night, happy because I managed to chip away a small piece of that armor shes wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment